Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR), a cloud-driven networking company, today announced Extreme Trusted Delivery, a carrier-grade solution designed to protect critical network infrastructure and ensure it is performing as anticipated without interference, regardless of location. Trusted Delivery protects key service delivery infrastructure at remote and unattended cellular edge sites, as well within co-location and data center environments where shared facility access is a potential concern.
With cyberattacks on the rise, supply chain security is more critical than ever, requiring state-of-the-art network technology from end to end. Trusted Delivery enables network administrators to validate hardware components, boot processes, and the operating system (OS) throughout the device lifecycle – without disrupting device functionality – mitigating the risk of supply chain cyberattacks.
- Secure Foundation for Future Deployments: With Trusted Delivery, Extreme delivers an additional layer of certainty for service providers that are beginning to move away from legacy solutions and ensures a foundation of secure, validated infrastructure to support new networks. Available today across the Extreme 8000 Series, including the Extreme 8520 and Extreme 8720 data center and cellular edge leaf and spine switches, Trusted Delivery provides mechanisms for verifying device security and performance during operation, enabling service providers to deploy new infrastructure with confidence.
- Increased Simplicity in Hardware Validation: Measured boot, an anti-tamper mechanism, gives operators the ability to validate hardware and boot processes remotely without shutting the device down. This saves time and resources and prevents unnecessary service disruptions. Measured boot implementation is enabled by a microcontroller-based hardware root of trust (HWRoT) in conjunction with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Additionally, with remote attestation, Extreme delivers increased verification that the device is functioning as expected by enabling an off-box arbiter of trust option and ongoing binary-level validation.
Brad Casemore, Research Vice President, Datacenter and Multicloud Networks, IDC
“Attacks on supply chains are growing in frequency and sophistication. As a result, considerable value derives from the ability to verify a device’s performance and security, at any time, without the need to shut off a service or to send a technician to a remote location. With Trusted Delivery, Extreme is taking measures to help customers ensure that their investments in IT infrastructure are protected, bolstering the reliability and security of devices throughout their lifecycle.”
Dan DeBacker, Vice President of Service Provider Product Management and Engineering, Extreme Networks
“Our goal is to make managing network security as easy as possible for our customers. By giving them the ability to ensure devices are functioning normally without interrupting service, or without costly truck rolls, we can address one of their biggest pain points. Ensuring the security of our solutions is a continuous effort and is one of our most important roles as a provider of end-to-end network infrastructure.”
- Extreme Solutions for Service Providers
- Extreme Cloud Security Solution Page
- ExtremeSwitching™ Solutions Page
- Extreme 8520 Data Sheet
- Extreme 8720 Data Sheet