The “The Role of Platforms in Developing and Deploying Vendors’ Telecoms Solutions” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report is based on information gathered from industry bodies such as the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, TM Forum and directly from ISVs.
Platform-based approaches are replacing applications because vendors need to deliver cloud-based solutions, provide an agile development environment and encourage collaboration with customers.
A platform-based approach can enable independent software vendors (ISVs) to respond to operators that want to develop and deploy new solutions, functions or processes. Platforms also support the DevOps needs of ISV development teams as they decompose applications into microservices, add new data sources and incorporate analytics models.
In this report, we define the characteristics of platforms, the drivers for their use in the telecoms industry, and the implications for independent software vendors (ISVs). We assess the maturity of these platforms, their features and capabilities, and the steps that ISVs need to take to implement a cloud and network IT transformation.
We also provide an overview of the technologies that ISVs can use and examples of platforms that ISVs have created.
Data was gathered from:
- Internal research and observations from publicly available data, including ISV announcements, information from interviews with operators, industry bodies and standards organisations
- interviews with vendors – telecoms ISVs, software technology providers and public cloud providers
- survey interviews with operators.
The report answers the following questions:
- What is a platform?
- How mature are the different platforms?
- What components are in a modern platform?
- How can ISVs benefit from using a platform?
- How are platforms being implemented?
Who Should Read this Report
- Software vendors that want to take a platform-based approach to creating new solutions or want to migrate their current applications into a platform.
- Product marketing staff who want to position their solutions within the context of a platform-based marketplace.
- Operators that are looking to develop and support their own platforms or adopt platforms from ISVs.
Companies mentioned in this report include:
- Red Hat
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Research overview
- Definition of platforms
- Implications for ISVs
- Examples of platforms
- About the author
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xpw1lw