The “Global IoT Device Management Market by Consumer, Enterprise, Industrial, and Government IoT Device Provisioning, Administration, Surveillance, Maintenance and Analytics 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report evaluates the IoT device management market including requirements, functionality, leading companies, and solutions. The report evaluates market opportunities and challenges for IoT device management solutions across various industry verticals. The report includes forecasting for global and regional markets as well as potential across deployment types and sectors including automotive, manufacturing, smart cities, and more. The report takes into consideration all four major IoT device management market segments: Consumer, Enterprise, Industrial, and Government.
Select Report Findings
- Integrated platforms will lead consumer IoT device management, reaching $723M by 2026
- Managing medical device security and privacy is a major concern and opportunity for the healthcare vertical
- With major initiatives underway for cybersecurity, the government segment will lead IoT device management
- Device Installation and Configuration will lead the industrial IoT device management segment at $397M by 2026
IoT represents a complex system of networks, platforms, interfaces, protocols, devices, and data. IoT devices range from sensors, actuators, gateways, and embedded hardware/software within products and assets. The number and type of IoT devices, as well as the associated use cases for apps and services, grows exponentially within leading industry verticals. One of the critical success factors for IoT operation will be certain Operational Support Systems (OSS) for IoT such as IoT device management. As IoT systems and networks grow in complexity and importance, there will be an increasingly urgent need within enterprise, industrial, and government market segments for IoT device management platforms and software.
IoT device management encompasses device provisioning, administration, monitoring, and diagnostics important for trouble replication and corrective measures. Important IoT device management functions include Enrollment/Provisioning, Configuration/Association, Software Updates, and overall Management and Control. As IoT systems and networks grow in complexity and importance, there will be an increasingly urgent need within the enterprise for IoT device management platforms and software.
The overall IoT device management market is driven by a few key factors including:
- IoT Devices: Overall growth of IoT networks and systems dramatically expanding the scope of devices by volume, type, purpose, role, and importance. The IoT device management market must evolve to meet the ever-expanding scale and scope of consumer, enterprise, industrial, and government solutions and systems.
- IoT Security: Growing concerns over network security facilitating the need for device interaction, both for traditional signature-based software as well as AI-based protection of devices, data, and systems. Security goes beyond access (to device, network/system, etc.) and includes data security/privacy as well as securing proper decisions (e.g. ensuring that autonomous processes are carried forth in a manner that is not detrimental).
- IoT Device Monitoring and Maintenance: There is a rapidly expanding need to monitor the health (on/off condition, power, connectivity, etc.) of IoT devices, particularly those in mission-critical roles. With increasingly interconnected networks and interdependent devices, many devices may be involved in high-priority processes.
- Edge Computing in IoT Networks: With many computational processes moving to the edge of networks, there are special IoT device management needs in terms of data management, security, monitoring. The deployment of 5G networks and its support for massive IoT, coupled with Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) will accelerate the need for IoT device management at the edge of cellular networks in particular.
In addition to the above mentioned overall IoT device management market drivers, there are important factors to consider for each of the IoT market segments: Consumer, Enterprise, Industrial, and Government. While some IoT device management needs are similar between sectors, there are also some very unique needs on a per-segment basis. For example, the needs of enterprise are very different from the consumer IoT device management market.
Some of those unique needs are as follows:
- Consumer IoT Device Management Market: Many IoT devices in the consumer market include a Do-it-Yourself (DIY) component. However, DIY will not include things such as IoT device health monitoring (e.g. health of device) nor does it include monitoring device usage (e.g. behavior of users). This type of information is very important to the device provider and can assist with many important business decisions such as product development and consumer IoT device “as-a-service” offerings.
- Enterprise IoT Device Management Market: The type and importance of enterprise IoT devices cannot compare with the consumer market. The sheer scope of IoT device role and importance varies significantly by specific industry (example: Utilities vs. Automobiles) as well as each individual use case within a given industry. As IoT is increasingly relied upon for support of many autonomous processes, enterprises must have reliable, secure IoT devices.
- Industrial IoT Device Management Market: The industrial market is characterized as those enterprises that are directly or indirectly involved in manufacturing, industrial robotics, and/or automation. This includes segments such as healthcare that rely upon IoT to automate many processes and procedures as they provide critical information to caregivers. Accordingly, many IoT devices are directly or indirectly involved in mission-critical systems and/or processes. The level of concern for IoT device management is therefore amplified (as compared to general enterprise scenarios) in many use case situations.
- Government IoT Device Management Market: It is important to distinguish two major sub-segments with government: Administration and Essential services. The latter, by definition, is essential, and in some cases, mission-critical such as public safety or defense. Therefore, any related IoT systems are also critical in terms of many various QoS factors such as uptime, processing speed, connectivity, data sensitivity, etc.
Select Report Benefits
- Comprehensive IoT device management market sizing from 2021 to 2026
- Analysis of consumer, enterprise, industrial, and government market segments
- Identify areas of concern and opportunity for key verticals such as medical devices
- Recognize target devices for each segment and identify market potential for each area
Companies in the Report
- Allegro Software Development Corporation
- Amplia Soluciones S.L.
- ARM Ltd. (SoftBank Group)
- Barbara IoT
- BlackBerry Limited
- Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
- Cisco Systems
- Citrix Systems
- ETI Software Solutions
- Huawei Technologies
- Matrix42 AG
- Particle Industries, Inc.
- Proximetry Inc. (Relayr)
- SiteWhere LLC.
- SmithMicro Software
- Sophos PLC
- Tibbo Systems
- Wind River
- Xively (LogMeIn)
- Zentri (Silicon Labs)
- Zoho Corporation
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. About the Study
2.2 Research Scope
2.3 Market Segmentation
2.4 Target Audience
2.5 Companies in the Report
3.1 IoT Device Management Solution Overview
3.2 Key Requirements for IoT Device Management Systems
3.2.1 Device Management Agent
3.2.2 Device Management in a Service/Cloud Environment
3.3 Fundamentals of Device Management Systems
3.3.1 Enrollment and Provisioning
3.3.2 Configuration and Association
3.3.3 Monitoring and Diagnostics
3.3.4 Management and Control
3.3.5 Software Updates
3.4 Commercialization of IoT Device Management Systems
3.5 IoT Device Management System Demand by Industry
3.5.1 Smart Cities
3.5.2 Fleet Management and Transportation
3.5.6 Oil & Gas Industry
3.6 IoT Device Management Challenges
3.6.1 Anticipating Cause and Effect
3.6.2 Handling Device Management Needs by Specific Industry / Function
3.7 IoT Device Registry
4. IoT Device Management Service Delivery Analysis
4.1 Key Functionality of Device Management Solutions
4.2 IoT Device Management Solutions Offering Types
4.2.1 IoT Device Management as a Service
4.2.2 As Software Embedded in IoT Platform / Device
4.2.3 Stand-alone Software Platform
4.3 IoT Device Management Industry SWOT Analysis
5. IoT Device Management Company and Solution Analysis
5.3 Allegro Software Development Corporation
5.4 Amplia Soluciones S.L.
5.5 ARM Ltd.
5.6 Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
5.8 ETI Software Solutions
5.13 Proximetry Inc. (Relayr)
5.14 SiteWhere LLC.
5.15 SmithMicro Software
5.17 Tibbo Systems
5.18 Wind River
5.20 Xively (LogMeIn)
5.22 42Gears Mobility Systems Pvt. Ltd.
5.23 Blackberry Ltd.
5.24 Cisco Systems
5.25 Citrix Systems
5.26 Huawei Technologies
5.27 JAMF Software
5.28 Matrix42 AG
5.29 MobileIron, Inc.
5.30 Sophos PLC
5.31 SOTI Inc.
5.33 Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
5.36 Barbara IoT
6. Smart and Connected IoT Device Ecosystem
6.1 Connected IoT Device Systems
6.1.1 Consumer IoT Connected Devices
6.1.2 Enterprise IoT Connected Devices
6.1.3 Industrial IoT Connected Devices
6.2 IoT Software and Connected Applications
6.3 IoT Device Management Technology and Solutions
6.4 IoT Interoperability and Enabling Technology
6.5 Cloud Deployment and Open Architecture Model
6.6 Connected IoT Device Supply Chain
6.7 Business Models and Strategies
6.8 Machine Learning and other AI Solutions
6.9 Smart Workplace and Automation Systems
6.10 5G, Edge Computing, and Connected IoT Applications
7. IoT Device Management Market Analysis and Forecasts 2021-2026
7.1 IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
7.2 IoT Device Management Solutions by Deployment Type 2021-2026
7.3 IoT Device Management Solutions by Product Segment 2021-2026
7.4 IoT Device Management Solutions by Service Type 2021-2026
7.5 IoT Device Management Solution by Cloud Deployment Type 2021-2026
7.6 IoT Device Management Solutions by Region 2021-2026
7.7 IoT Device Management Solutions by Market Segment 2021-2026
7.7.1 IoT Device Management Solutions by Consumer Segment 2021-2026
7.7.2 IoT Device Management Solutions by Enterprise Segment 2021-2026
7.7.3 IoT Device Management Solutions by Industrial Segment 2021-2026
7.7.4 IoT Device Management Solutions by Government Segment 2021-2026
8. IoT Device Management Solutions for Consumer Segment 2021-2026
8.1 Consumer IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
8.2 Consumer IoT Device Management Solutions by Deployment Type 2021-2026
8.3 Consumer IoT Device Management Solutions by Product Segment 2021-2026
8.4 Service Type for Consumer IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
8.5 Cloud Platforms for Consumer IoT Device Management Solution Deployment 2021-2026
8.6 Consumer IoT Device Management Solutions by Region 2021-2026
8.7 Consumer IoT Device Management Solutions by Device Type 2021-2026
9. IoT Device Management Solutions for Enterprise 2021-2026
9.1 Enterprise IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
9.2 Enterprise IoT Device Management Solutions by Deployment Type 2021-2026
9.3 Enterprise IoT Device Management Solution by Product Segment 2021-2026
9.4 Enterprise IoT Device Management Solutions by Service Type 2021-2026
9.5 Cloud Platforms for Enterprise IoT Device Management Solution Deployment
9.6 Enterprise IoT Device Management Solutions by Region 2021-2026
9.7 Enterprise IoT Device Management Solutions by Device Type 2021-2026
10. IoT Device Management Solutions for Industrial Segment 2021-2026
10.1 Industrial IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
10.2 Industrial IoT Device Management Solutions by Deployment Type 2021-2026
10.3 Industrial IoT Device Management Solution by Product Segment 2021-2026
10.4 Service Type for Industrial IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
10.5 Cloud Platforms for Industrial IoT Device Management Solution Deployment 2021-2026
10.6 Industrial IoT Device Management Solutions by Region 2021-2026
10.7 Industrial IoT Device Management Solutions by Industry 2021-2026
10.8 Industrial IoT Device Management Solutions by Device Type 2021-2026
11. IoT Device Management Solutions for Government IoT
11.1 Government IoT Device Management Solutions 2021-2026
11.2 Government IoT Device Management Solutions by Deployment Type
11.3 Government IoT Device Management Solution by Product Segment 2021-2026
11.4 Government IoT Device Management Solutions by Service Type 2021-2026
11.5 Government IoT Device Management Solution by Cloud Deployment Type 2021-2026
11.6 Government IoT Device Management Solutions by Region 2021-2026
11.7 Government IoT Device Management Solutions by Device Type 2021-2026
12. Appendix: Outlook and Issues for Managing IoT Devices in Healthcare